This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing a handout for female adolescents on the menstrual cycle. The nurse is ... (Read 47 times)

nautica902

The nurse is preparing a handout for female adolescents on the menstrual cycle. The nurse is including information on the phases of the menstrual cycle.

What term should be used for the phase in which the vascularity of the uterus increases and the endometrium becomes prepared for a fertilized ovum? A. Menstrual
   B. Proliferative
   C. Secretory
   D. Ischemic

Question 2

The nurse is performing discharge teaching for a newly delivered first-time mother and her infant on the 2nd postpartum day. Which statement by the mother indicates that teaching has been successful?

1. Taking baths will help my perineum feel less sore each day.
  2. If I develop heavy bleeding, I should take my temperature.
  3. My bowel movements should resume in a week.
  4. I will go back to the doctor in 4 days for my RhoGAM shot.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tkempin

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. A sitz bath or tub bath promotes healing and provides relief from perineal discomfort during the initial weeks following birth.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library