This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing a handout for female adolescents on the menstrual cycle. The nurse is ... (Read 48 times)

nautica902

The nurse is preparing a handout for female adolescents on the menstrual cycle. The nurse is including information on the phases of the menstrual cycle.

What term should be used for the phase in which the vascularity of the uterus increases and the endometrium becomes prepared for a fertilized ovum? A. Menstrual
   B. Proliferative
   C. Secretory
   D. Ischemic

Question 2

The nurse is performing discharge teaching for a newly delivered first-time mother and her infant on the 2nd postpartum day. Which statement by the mother indicates that teaching has been successful?

1. Taking baths will help my perineum feel less sore each day.
  2. If I develop heavy bleeding, I should take my temperature.
  3. My bowel movements should resume in a week.
  4. I will go back to the doctor in 4 days for my RhoGAM shot.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tkempin

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. A sitz bath or tub bath promotes healing and provides relief from perineal discomfort during the initial weeks following birth.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library