This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following symptoms described by a woman is characteristic of premenstrual syndrome ... (Read 20 times)

Mr. Wonderful

Which of the following symptoms described by a woman is characteristic of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)?

1. I feel irritable and moody a week before my period is supposed to start..
  2. I have lower abdominal pain beginning the third day of my menstrual period..
  3. I have nausea and headaches after my period starts, and they last 2 to 3 days..
  4. I experience abdominal bloating and breast pain after a couple days of my pe-riod..

Question 2

When evaluating the reflexes of a newborn, the nurse notes that with a loud noise the newborn symmetrically abducts and extends his arms, the fingers fan out and form a C with the thumb and forefinger, and he has a slight tremor.

The nurse would document this finding as a positive: 1. tonic neck reflex.
  2. glabellar (Myerson) reflex.
  3. Babinski reflex.
  4. Moro reflex.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

trog

Answer to Question 1

1. Correct. PMS is a cluster of physical, psychologic, and behavioral symptoms beginning in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle and resolving within a couple of days of the onset of menses.
2, 3, 4. Incorrect. All of these are complaints associated with PMS. However, the timing reflect-ed in these statements is inaccurate. PMS begins in the luteal phase and resolves as menses occurs. It does not start after menses has begun.

Answer to Question 2

1. Incorrect. The tonic neck reflex occurs when the infant extends the leg of the side that the infant's head is simultaneously turned to.
2. Incorrect. The glabellar reflex is elicited by tapping on the infant's head while the eyes are open. A characteristic response is that the newborn will blink for the first few taps.
3. Incorrect. The Babinski reflex occurs when the sole of the foot is stroked upward along the lateral aspect of the sole then across the ball of the foot. A positive response is when all the toes hyperextend with dorsiflexion of the big toe.
4. Correct. The characteristics displayed by the infant are associated with a positive Moro reflex.

Mr. Wonderful

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library