This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by a lactating woman leads the nurse to believe that the woman might have ... (Read 28 times)

mcmcdaniel

Which statement made by a lactating woman leads the nurse to believe that the woman might have lactose intolerance?

a. I always have heartburn after I drink milk.
  b. If I drink more than a cup of milk, I usually have abdominal cramps and bloating.
  c. Drinking milk usually makes me break out in hives.
  d. Sometimes I notice that I have bad breath after I drink a cup of milk.

Question 2

What is an early sign of necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) in the preterm infant?

a. Temperature instability c. Meconium ileus
  b. Reflux d. Abdominal distension

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

potomatos

Answer to Question 1

B
Feedback
A The woman with lactose intolerance is more likely to experience bloating and
cramping, not heartburn.
B One problem that can interfere with milk consumption is lactose intolerance, which is
the inability to digest milk sugar because of a lack of the enzyme lactose in the small
intestine. Milk consumption may cause abdominal cramping, bloating, and diarrhea in
such people, although many lactose-intolerant individuals can tolerate small amounts of
milk without symptoms.
C A woman who breaks out in hives after consuming milk is more likely to have a milk
allergy.
D This woman should be advise to simply brush her teeth after consuming dairy products.

Answer to Question 2

D
In addition to abdominal distension, gastric residuals, vomiting, and bloody stools are early indicators of NEC. Temperature instability, reflux, and meconium ileus are not early manifestations of NEC.

mcmcdaniel

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bbburns21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library