This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is discussing storage of breast milk with a mother whose infant is preterm and in the ... (Read 56 times)

evelyn o bentley

The nurse is discussing storage of breast milk with a mother whose infant is preterm and in the special care unit. Which statement would indicate that the mother needs additional teaching?

a. I can store my breast milk in the refrigerator for 3 months.
  b. I can store my breast milk in the freezer for 3 months.
  c. I can store my breast milk at room temperature for 8 hours.
  d. I can store my breast milk in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.

Question 2

A young pregnant woman calls the clinic nurse and begins crying. When the nurse asks the young woman to tell the nurse what is wrong, the pregnant woman states, I look terrible. I have dark blotches on my face. It looks like I am wearing a mask.

The nurse would be correct in explaining to the woman that what is being described sounds like which of the following? a. Acne c. Facial dermatitis
  b. Linea nigra d. Mask of pregnancy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnpizzaz

Answer to Question 1

A
Feedback
A This statement would indicate that the mother needs additional information re-garding safe storage of breast milk. Breast milk can be stored at room tempera-ture for 8 hours, in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days, in the freezer for 3 months, or in a deep freezer for 6 to 12 months.
B This statement is accurate and does not indicate that the mother needs additional teaching.
C This statement is accurate and does not indicate that the mother needs additional teaching.
D This statement is accurate and does not indicate that the mother needs additional teaching.

Answer to Question 2

D
The nurse would be correct in explaining to the woman that what is being described sounds like chloasma. Some pregnant women experience dark blotching on the face. This condition, chloasma, is commonly called the mask of pregnancy. Chloasma may disappear after pregnancy but often only fades.

evelyn o bentley

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

EAN94

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library