This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is discussing storage of breast milk with a mother whose infant is preterm and in the ... (Read 58 times)

evelyn o bentley

The nurse is discussing storage of breast milk with a mother whose infant is preterm and in the special care unit. Which statement would indicate that the mother needs additional teaching?

a. I can store my breast milk in the refrigerator for 3 months.
  b. I can store my breast milk in the freezer for 3 months.
  c. I can store my breast milk at room temperature for 8 hours.
  d. I can store my breast milk in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.

Question 2

A young pregnant woman calls the clinic nurse and begins crying. When the nurse asks the young woman to tell the nurse what is wrong, the pregnant woman states, I look terrible. I have dark blotches on my face. It looks like I am wearing a mask.

The nurse would be correct in explaining to the woman that what is being described sounds like which of the following? a. Acne c. Facial dermatitis
  b. Linea nigra d. Mask of pregnancy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnpizzaz

Answer to Question 1

A
Feedback
A This statement would indicate that the mother needs additional information re-garding safe storage of breast milk. Breast milk can be stored at room tempera-ture for 8 hours, in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days, in the freezer for 3 months, or in a deep freezer for 6 to 12 months.
B This statement is accurate and does not indicate that the mother needs additional teaching.
C This statement is accurate and does not indicate that the mother needs additional teaching.
D This statement is accurate and does not indicate that the mother needs additional teaching.

Answer to Question 2

D
The nurse would be correct in explaining to the woman that what is being described sounds like chloasma. Some pregnant women experience dark blotching on the face. This condition, chloasma, is commonly called the mask of pregnancy. Chloasma may disappear after pregnancy but often only fades.

evelyn o bentley

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library