This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client who wants to use the vaginal sponge as a method of contraception shows that she understands ... (Read 28 times)

michelleunicorn

A client who wants to use the vaginal sponge as a method of contraception shows that she understands the appropriate usage with which of the following statements?

1. I need to use a lubricant prior to insertion.
  2. I need to add spermicidal cream prior to intercourse.
  3. I need to moisten it with water prior to use.
  4. I need to leave it in no longer than 6 hours.

Question 2

Feeding an infant with a soy-based, lactose-free formula is appropriate for which clinical situation?

a. Premature newborn unable to breastfeed
  b. Infant with galactose deficiency
  c. Infant allergic to cow's milk
  d. Infant with intestinal malabsorption

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juiceman1987

Answer to Question 1

Rationale:
1. Lubricant and spermicidal cream are not needed.
2. Lubricant and spermicidal cream are not needed.
3. To activate the spermicide in the vaginal sponge, it must be moistened thoroughly with water.
4. The sponge can remain in place for 24 hours.

Answer to Question 2

B
Infants who have galactose deficiency are most likely to consume soy-based, lactose-free formula. The premature newborn who is unable to breastfeed probably will be prescribed a specialized formula with increased caloric intake compared to regular formula. An elemental, protein hydrolysate formula is appropriate for the infant allergic to cow's milk or intestinal malabsorption.

michelleunicorn

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library