Author Question: Which of the following would the nurse least expect to administer to a woman experiencing postpartum ... (Read 94 times)

karlynnae

Which of the following would the nurse least expect to administer to a woman experiencing postpartum hemorrhage?

A) Oxytocin
  B) Methylergonovine
  C) Carboprost
  D) Terbutaline

Question 2

After teaching a school-aged child with asthma how to use a peak flow meter, which statement by the child indicates effective teaching?

A) I'll sit in a chair when I use the meter.
  B) I'll do it three times and record the lowest reading.
  C) I'll take a deep breath and then blow out slowly.
  D) I'll use the meter every day right after school.

dudman123

Answer to Question 1

D
Response:
Terbutaline is a tocolytic agent used to halt preterm labor. It would not be used to treat postpartum hemorrhage. Oxytocin, methylergonovine, and carboprost are drugs used to manage postpartum hemorrhage.

Answer to Question 2

D
Response:
The child should keep a record of daily readings, being sure to measure peak flow at the same time each day. The child should stand up straight, take a deep breath, close the lips tightly around the mouthpiece, and blow out hard and fast. The child should do the procedure three times and record the highest reading.