Author Question: In a client's sixth month of pregnancy, she reports feeling dizzy and like I'm going to pass out ... (Read 12 times)

jeatrice

In a client's sixth month of pregnancy, she reports feeling dizzy and like I'm going to pass out when I lie down flat on my back. The nurse explains the reason for this complaint as due to:

A) pressure of the gravid uterus on the vena cava
  B) a 50 increase in blood volume
  C) a pseudoanemia caused by hemoglobin increase
  D) the pressure of the presenting fetal part on the diaphragm

Question 2

A gravida 2 para 1 client in the 10th week of her pregnancy says to the nurse, I never have gone to the bathroom to urinate as often as I have for the past three weeks. Which response would be most appropriate for the nurse to make?

A) Having to urinate so often is annoying. I would suggest that you watch how much fluid you are drinking and limit it.
  B) You shouldn't be urinating this frequently now. It usually stops by the time you are eight weeks' pregnant. Is there anything else bothering you?
  C) By the time you are twelve weeks' pregnant, this frequent urination should no longer be a problem. Of course, it is likely to return toward the end of your pregnancy.
  D) Women having their second child generally don't have frequent urination. Are you experiencing any burning sensations?

mariahkathleeen

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C