This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has been working with a teenager who has celiac disease. Which statement by the patient ... (Read 36 times)

Pineapplelove6

A nurse has been working with a teenager who has celiac disease. Which statement by the patient indicates that goals for an important diagnosis have been met?

A.
  Gluten is obvious and easy to find in food products.
  B.
  I am gaining weight and I have more energy.
  C.
  Rice was my favorite; I hated to give that up.
  D.
  When my symptoms go away I can eat wheat again.

Question 2

The pediatric nurse is caring for a hospitalized child with cirrhosis who has 4+ pitting edema. Which laboratory value would the nurse correlate with the edema?

A.
  Albumin: low
  B.
  Cholesterol: low
  C.
  Prothrombin time: high
  D.
  White blood cell count: high

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Rilsmarie951

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Celiac disease causes malabsorption of nutrients. The child who is gaining weight and is more energetic is most likely following the required diet. Because knowledge of dietary management is a major goal for patients with this disease, this statement shows that this goal has been met. The other statements are incorrect. Gluten is often hidden in foods. Rice is allowed. Following the gluten-free diet is required for life.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
All of these laboratory values are typical in a patient with cirrhosis. However, albumin deficiency causes fluid to be lost from the vascular space, leading to edema.

Pineapplelove6

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

dantucker

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library