This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse has been working with a teenager who has celiac disease. Which statement by the patient ... (Read 39 times)

Pineapplelove6

A nurse has been working with a teenager who has celiac disease. Which statement by the patient indicates that goals for an important diagnosis have been met?

A.
  Gluten is obvious and easy to find in food products.
  B.
  I am gaining weight and I have more energy.
  C.
  Rice was my favorite; I hated to give that up.
  D.
  When my symptoms go away I can eat wheat again.

Question 2

The pediatric nurse is caring for a hospitalized child with cirrhosis who has 4+ pitting edema. Which laboratory value would the nurse correlate with the edema?

A.
  Albumin: low
  B.
  Cholesterol: low
  C.
  Prothrombin time: high
  D.
  White blood cell count: high

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Rilsmarie951

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Celiac disease causes malabsorption of nutrients. The child who is gaining weight and is more energetic is most likely following the required diet. Because knowledge of dietary management is a major goal for patients with this disease, this statement shows that this goal has been met. The other statements are incorrect. Gluten is often hidden in foods. Rice is allowed. Following the gluten-free diet is required for life.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
All of these laboratory values are typical in a patient with cirrhosis. However, albumin deficiency causes fluid to be lost from the vascular space, leading to edema.

Pineapplelove6

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library