This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In a ____ study, the drug or treatment is given to large groups of people to confirm its ... (Read 45 times)

asan beg

In a ____ study, the drug or treatment is given to large groups of people to confirm its effectiveness, monitor side effects, compare it to commonly used treatments, and collect information that will allow the drug or treatment to be used safely.

a. pilot
 b. Phase I
 c. Phase II
 d. Phase III

Question 2

Rich performed a two-tailed test for an experiment in which n=15 . He could not find his t critical values table but he remembered the tcv at df = 20 . He decided to compare his tobt to this tcv. Is he more likely to make a Type I or a Type II error in this situation?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

allisonblackmore

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

Rich is more likely to make a Type I error in this case. He will use a tcv that is smaller than the one he should be using and thus he might call the result significant when it is not (a false alarm).

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library