This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Nam has been learning to reduce his test anxiety by using cognitive restructuring. Which thought ... (Read 28 times)

kshipps

Nam has been learning to reduce his test anxiety by using cognitive restructuring. Which thought would be an example of a successful application of his therapy?

a. I will probably fail this test, so I may as well not worry about it.
  b. I will develop a time management plan to make sure I have enough time to study for tests.
  c. All I want is to do the best job that I can on this test.
  d. I will talk to my friends about my problems more often, instead of keeping them bottled up inside.

Question 2

Usually when Parker goes into an exam, he thinks, What a dummy I am, always studying the wrong things. This time, however, Parker tries thinking, I studied some of the right things, and I will do the best I can. Parker is engaging in ____.

a. a defense mechanism
  b. cognitive dissonance
  c. repression
  d. cognitive restructuring