This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Nam has been learning to reduce his test anxiety by using cognitive restructuring. Which thought ... (Read 29 times)

kshipps

Nam has been learning to reduce his test anxiety by using cognitive restructuring. Which thought would be an example of a successful application of his therapy?

a. I will probably fail this test, so I may as well not worry about it.
  b. I will develop a time management plan to make sure I have enough time to study for tests.
  c. All I want is to do the best job that I can on this test.
  d. I will talk to my friends about my problems more often, instead of keeping them bottled up inside.

Question 2

Usually when Parker goes into an exam, he thinks, What a dummy I am, always studying the wrong things. This time, however, Parker tries thinking, I studied some of the right things, and I will do the best I can. Parker is engaging in ____.

a. a defense mechanism
  b. cognitive dissonance
  c. repression
  d. cognitive restructuring

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bookworm410

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
c

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
d

kshipps

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library