Author Question: How do I rearrange the y=mx+b equation to find the unknown value of X on my graph? (Read 2384 times)

luvbio

I am using the formula y=mx+b on a graph, I am trying to find the values of 3 unknown concentrations of DNA on the X axis, how do I rearrange this equation so I can find these hidden values? My straight line equation is y=0.0006x + 0.0247 any help would be great! Thanks.

Yolanda

y = mx + b
y - b = mx
x = (y - b) / m
y = 0.0006x + 0.0247
y - 0.0247 = 0.0006x
x = (y - 0.0247) / 0.0006

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

(y-b)/m=x

so

(y-0.0247)/0.0006=x

sadsdas

subtract b
then divide by m

y=mx+b
y - b =mx
(y-b)/m = x

geoffrey

x =    -41.1667 + 1666.67 y

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library