Author Question: In order to validate the message sent to a client, the nurse should elicit feedback by doing which ... (Read 21 times)

beccaep

In order to validate the message sent to a client, the nurse should elicit feedback by doing which of the following?

a. Asking questions that can be answered by a simple yes or no.
  b. Repeating the message using visual aids for reinforcement.
  c. Requesting the client to restate the message that was sent.
  d. Encouraging the client to write down questions for clarification.

Question 2

Kala, a unit manager, in discussing a role the CEO would like her to perform, makes the following statement, I will sit on the hospital taskforce on improving morale if you send me to the hospital's leadership training classes next week, so I

can further develop my skills and thus be more effective. Which of the following conflict management styles is Kala using? a. Collaborating
  b. Avoiding
  c. Negotiating
  d. Accommodating

juiceman1987

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C
Negotiation involves an exchange of concessions (membership on a committee in return for at-tendance at a workshop) or trading. This strategy supports a balance of power.