This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statements would be important for the charge nurse to make when delegating a responsibility? ... (Read 67 times)

Which statements would be important for the charge nurse to make when delegating a responsibility? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. I think it would be important to our organization if you represent the unit on the policy and procedure committee.
  2. I have assigned you to be the unit's representative because I don't have enough time to go.
  3. I think your attendance at the task force meeting will be a good reflection on our unit.
  4. I chose you to attend the meeting because it seems as though you have the lightest assignment.
  5. I would like you to be the unit's representative on the client education task force committee.

Question 2

An ICU nurse has just assisted the physician in placing a central line in a client. Over the past few days the client's son has been increasingly verbally abusive to the nursing staff.

The unit secretary tells the nurse that the son is at the nurse's station demanding to see the client. Which action by the nurse is most important? 1. Remove the central line tray from the room.
  2. Inform the son regarding the client's condition.
  3. Ignore the son as he enters the client's room.
  4. Limit the son's visitation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

GCabra

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Key behaviors in delegating tasks are describing the task and providing the delegate with the benefit gained for the task.
Rationale 2: Delegating should be done for the right reasons and not to dump tasks for purely personal reasons.
Rationale 3: Key behaviors in delegating tasks are describing the task as well as the benefits to be gained.
Rationale 4: The delegate should be assigned because the task meets the delegate's abilities.
Rationale 5: The delegator should make the delegate aware of the reason for and the benefits gained from the delegation.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Health care staff should be aware when and where to store medical instruments that may be used as weapons.
Rationale 2: The son should be informed of the client's condition, but with the history and the escalation of his behavior the nurse should take action to protect staff.
Rationale 3: Ignoring the son may cause the violent behavior to escalate.
Rationale 4: Limiting visitation may cause the violent behavior to escalate.
Global Rationale:

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library