This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements, made by a caregiver of an older client, should alert the nurse to ... (Read 19 times)

michelleunicorn

Which of the following statements, made by a caregiver of an older client, should alert the nurse to assess for evidence of elder abuse?

a. Mom is always into something and can't seem to stay still, so I've been giving her half a Valium to get her to relax so I can get some rest.
  b. Mom wanted to stay at her home, but we were scared for her safety, so we moved some of her personal things into our home and brought her to live with us.
  c. She has not been having incontinence problems since we have been taking her to the toilet every 2 to 3 hours when she is awake.
  d. We have to feed Mom baby food now because she has trouble chewing and swallowing regular food.

Question 2

Which of the following statements by a parent indicates a need for increased learning regarding appropriate (nonabusive) discipline of a child?

a. I have stopped using a switch on my child, and I am learning to count to 10 before reacting.
  b. I never spank or hit; I yell at them to stop being stupid, and if they don't, I tell them no one is ever going to love them if they act like that.
  c. I use time-outs when my child acts out or is naughty. Sometimes my child doesn't cope well with this, but I am persistent.
  d. When my child misbehaves, I distract him and focus his attention on other things. If he throws a tantrum, I have been known to just pick him up and leave from wherever we are.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittanywood

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

michelleunicorn

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library