Author Question: A female client experiencing manifestations of menopause asks for nonpharmacological ways to help ... (Read 38 times)

sheilaspns

A female client experiencing manifestations of menopause asks for nonpharmacological ways to help manage the symptoms. What should the population health nurse suggest to this client? (Select all that apply.)

1. Yoga.
  2. Tai chi.
  3. Qi gong.
  4. Acupuncture.
  5. Artificial hormones.

Question 2

The nurse is working on a psychiatric unit in a large hospital and encounters a female client with a history of being abused. What client statement best supports the belief that this client is at risk for more violence?

1. I am financially independent.
  2. My partner is enrolled in alcoholics anonymous.
  3. I want to finish high school but my husband won't let me.
  4. My partner encourages me to use condoms.

Jmfn03

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1, 2, 3, 4
Explanation: 1. There is some evidence that mind and body therapies such as yoga, tai chi, qi gong, and acupuncture may provide relief for menopausal symptoms. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) involves the use of laboratory manufactured compounds similar to natural hormones to combat symptoms of menopause. These preparations are not approved by the Food and Drug Administration and can vary widely in their composition. Because their safety and effectiveness have not yet been demonstrated, clients should be cautioned against their use.
2. There is some evidence that mind and body therapies such as yoga, tai chi, qi gong, and acupuncture may provide relief for menopausal symptoms. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) involves the use of laboratory manufactured compounds similar to natural hormones to combat symptoms of menopause. These preparations are not approved by the Food and Drug Administration and can vary widely in their composition. Because their safety and effectiveness have not yet been demonstrated, clients should be cautioned against their use.
3. There is some evidence that mind and body therapies such as yoga, tai chi, qi gong, and acupuncture may provide relief for menopausal symptoms. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) involves the use of laboratory manufactured compounds similar to natural hormones to combat symptoms of menopause. These preparations are not approved by the Food and Drug Administration and can vary widely in their composition. Because their safety and effectiveness have not yet been demonstrated, clients should be cautioned against their use.
4. There is some evidence that mind and body therapies such as yoga, tai chi, qi gong, and acupuncture may provide relief for menopausal symptoms. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) involves the use of laboratory manufactured compounds similar to natural hormones to combat symptoms of menopause. These preparations are not approved by the Food and Drug Administration and can vary widely in their composition. Because their safety and effectiveness have not yet been demonstrated, clients should be cautioned against their use.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 3
Explanation: 3. Women are subjected to a variety of abusive situations including restricted educational opportunities. There is no evidence to support that a women who is financially independent and uses condoms is at increased risk for violence. A partner who is being treated for alcoholism does not increase this client's risk for violence.