This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse in a long-term care facility has a longstanding relationship with a female resident whose ... (Read 58 times)

Alainaaa8

A nurse in a long-term care facility has a longstanding relationship with a female resident whose osteoarthritis has become more severe in recent months.

To facilitate the resident's continued engagement in activities and to promote her mobility, the nurse has begun implementing motivational interviewing (MI). The resident has stopped attending the quilting circle, stating, I still enjoy quilting, but my knuckles are so painful lately. What response by the nurse best exemplifies MI?
  A) You say you'd like to keep quilting but it's painful. What ideas do you have for reducing your pain?
  B) I'd encourage you to push through your pain in this situation because it will ultimately benefit you.
  C) I would hate to see you miss out on something you enjoy because of a health problem that can be treated.
  D) Tell me about some of the things that you most enjoy about quilting.

Question 2

A 30-year-old obese female patient who underwent gastric banding 3 days ago is getting ready to go home.

Essential postoperative teaching for this patient should include instruction related to the importance of abstaining from what for the next 2 years?
  A) Multivitamin supplements
  B) Pregnancy
  C) Antidepressants
  D) Control-top panty hose

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

paavo

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B

Alainaaa8

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
:D TYSM

kswal303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library