This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse in a long-term care facility has a longstanding relationship with a female resident whose ... (Read 60 times)

Alainaaa8

A nurse in a long-term care facility has a longstanding relationship with a female resident whose osteoarthritis has become more severe in recent months.

To facilitate the resident's continued engagement in activities and to promote her mobility, the nurse has begun implementing motivational interviewing (MI). The resident has stopped attending the quilting circle, stating, I still enjoy quilting, but my knuckles are so painful lately. What response by the nurse best exemplifies MI?
  A) You say you'd like to keep quilting but it's painful. What ideas do you have for reducing your pain?
  B) I'd encourage you to push through your pain in this situation because it will ultimately benefit you.
  C) I would hate to see you miss out on something you enjoy because of a health problem that can be treated.
  D) Tell me about some of the things that you most enjoy about quilting.

Question 2

A 30-year-old obese female patient who underwent gastric banding 3 days ago is getting ready to go home.

Essential postoperative teaching for this patient should include instruction related to the importance of abstaining from what for the next 2 years?
  A) Multivitamin supplements
  B) Pregnancy
  C) Antidepressants
  D) Control-top panty hose

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

paavo

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B

Alainaaa8

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Excellent

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library