Author Question: A nursing has provided dietary instruction regarding vitamin D intake to an older client. What ... (Read 64 times)

Garrulous

A nursing has provided dietary instruction regarding vitamin D intake to an older client. What response by the client would indicate a need for further instruction?

A) I will eat liver at least once a week.
  B) I will eat at least 3 servings of yogurt or cheese a day.
  C) I will take a vitamin D supplement and eat 3 servings of dairy a day.
  D) I am at greater risk for breaking my hip if I don't have an adequate intake of vitamin D.

Question 2

The nurse is providing discharge instructions to an older patient that includes the administration of insulin. Which strategy will the nurse use when instructing this patient to adjust to the normal changes experienced with aging?

1. Giving written materials to compensate for short-term memory losses
  2. Using tools that repeat the information until the information is understood
  3. Considering holding sessions for longer periods than usual so the patient can learn
  4. Providing instruction to relatives so that the patient will not need to learn everything

BAOCHAU2803

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Short-term memory, or primary memory, remains relatively stable when aging.