This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older adult at home uses earplugs to diminish street noise at night. Which of the following ... (Read 62 times)

Chelseaamend

An older adult at home uses earplugs to diminish street noise at night. Which of the following statements by the nurse is appropriate?

A) Using earplugs during sleep can damage your hearing.
  B) I suggest a smoke alarm with blinking lights.
  C) Your neighbors must be really loud.
  D) This apartment sounds really unsafe.

Question 2

A nurse discusses sleep patterns with an older adult. The client states, I feel like all I do is lie in bed awake each night. Which response by the nurse is most appropriate?

A) How long do you lie there each night?
  B) Describe your pillow and mattress to me.
  C) Do you have a history of sleep apnea?
  D) What have you tried to get a better nights rest?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

strudel15

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
People who live alone should be cautioned about the danger of blocking out the sound of a smoke alarm; one that has lights increases the safety. Earplugs at night do not damage hearing.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Older adults have more diminished sleep efficiency secondary to prolonged sleep latency, and an increased number of awakenings during the night. How long he lies there is not as important as the fact that he feels like it is all night. The nurse assesses for sleep patterns, contributing factors, and alleviating and aggravating factors.

Chelseaamend

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Wow, this really help

jackie

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library