This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older adult at home uses earplugs to diminish street noise at night. Which of the following ... (Read 63 times)

Chelseaamend

An older adult at home uses earplugs to diminish street noise at night. Which of the following statements by the nurse is appropriate?

A) Using earplugs during sleep can damage your hearing.
  B) I suggest a smoke alarm with blinking lights.
  C) Your neighbors must be really loud.
  D) This apartment sounds really unsafe.

Question 2

A nurse discusses sleep patterns with an older adult. The client states, I feel like all I do is lie in bed awake each night. Which response by the nurse is most appropriate?

A) How long do you lie there each night?
  B) Describe your pillow and mattress to me.
  C) Do you have a history of sleep apnea?
  D) What have you tried to get a better nights rest?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

strudel15

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
People who live alone should be cautioned about the danger of blocking out the sound of a smoke alarm; one that has lights increases the safety. Earplugs at night do not damage hearing.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Older adults have more diminished sleep efficiency secondary to prolonged sleep latency, and an increased number of awakenings during the night. How long he lies there is not as important as the fact that he feels like it is all night. The nurse assesses for sleep patterns, contributing factors, and alleviating and aggravating factors.

Chelseaamend

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

miss.ashley

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library