This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older adult states, I just feel so full so fast, I can't eat any more. Which of the following ... (Read 45 times)

Marty

An older adult states, I just feel so full so fast, I can't eat any more. Which of the following responses is most appropriate?

A) All of us feel that way after a meal.
  B) Make an appointment with your health care provider.
  C) Slower emptying of your stomach may be the cause.
  D) This happens when you have gall stones.

Question 2

A nurse at a rehabilitation unit assesses an 86-year-old woman with a BMI of 30 and a history of heart failure, whose oral intake is declining. Which of the following risk factors is related to this older adult's decline in appetite?

A) Diuretics
  B) Exercise
  C) Female gender
  D) Obesity

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amit

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Slight slowing of gastric emptying in older adults after ingestion of large meals leads to early sensations of fullness. Gallstone symptoms include pain, not fullness. An emergent visit to the health care provider is not indicated.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Diuretics decrease saliva, olfactory function, and gustatory functioning. Women have better olfactory and gustatory function than men; exercise increases appetite. Obesity is unrelated.

Marty

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

helenmarkerine

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library