This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by the patient would indicate a need for further instruction regarding prevention of ... (Read 18 times)

craiczarry

Which statement by the patient would indicate a need for further instruction regarding prevention of constipation?

a. I eat bran flakes or oatmeal every day to add bulk to my diet.
  b. Since I started eating three servings of fruit a day, I haven't been constipated.
  c. I'm never constipated. I take a gentle laxative every night.
  d. My daily walks have kept my bowels working regularly.

Question 2

Which patient would be most at risk for constipation?

a. Patient taking antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection
  b. Patient taking hormones for postmenopausal symptoms
  c. Patient iron supplements for anemia
  d. Patient taking nonsteroidal inhalants for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carlsona147

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Long-term laxative use may cause the body to become so dependent on laxatives that the patient is unable to have a normal elimination pattern without medication.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Iron supplements increase the risk of constipation.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jul 11, 2018
Gracias!

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library