This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Rather than blatantly removing books from a classroom or library, sometimes censors just make ... (Read 34 times)

laurencescou

Rather than blatantly removing books from a classroom or library, sometimes censors just make ____________ by deleting words or passages that they find offensiveone example of this is Roald Dahl's classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964).

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

By the 1960s and 1970s, realistic young adult novels began to confront contemporary problems and included Robert Cormier's The Chocolate War (1974), S. E. Hinton's The Outsiders (1967), and the so-called anonymously written Go Ask Alice (Anonymous, 1971). Often the main character spoke to the reader saying:

a. I am a student of history and I need to know my similarities and dissimilarities to other people in history.
  b. I am a person facing contemporary problems, just like children and adults.
  c. I am a teenager and face many of the same problems faced by people in all cultures and social classes.
  d. I am a teenager just like you and this is my problem.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Danny Ewald

Answer to Question 1

alterations

Answer to Question 2

d

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

LegendaryAnswers

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library