This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Rather than blatantly removing books from a classroom or library, sometimes censors just make ... (Read 36 times)

laurencescou

Rather than blatantly removing books from a classroom or library, sometimes censors just make ____________ by deleting words or passages that they find offensiveone example of this is Roald Dahl's classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964).

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

By the 1960s and 1970s, realistic young adult novels began to confront contemporary problems and included Robert Cormier's The Chocolate War (1974), S. E. Hinton's The Outsiders (1967), and the so-called anonymously written Go Ask Alice (Anonymous, 1971). Often the main character spoke to the reader saying:

a. I am a student of history and I need to know my similarities and dissimilarities to other people in history.
  b. I am a person facing contemporary problems, just like children and adults.
  c. I am a teenager and face many of the same problems faced by people in all cultures and social classes.
  d. I am a teenager just like you and this is my problem.