This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: We have been talking about stages of cognitive development. We are going to shift now to a new but ... (Read 9 times)

fbq8i

We have been talking about stages of cognitive development. We are going to shift now to a new but related topic. The rest of class today will deal with psychosocial development, in terms of theoretical way of looking at behavior.
  The statement best illustrates the use of which of the following concepts of effective teaching?

a. Transitional signals
  b. Emphasis
  c. Connected discourse
  d. Precise terminology

Question 2

Compare the following two examples of teacher statements to students. The first is:

Sometimes we don't make a literal statement. This is hyperbole, like when you say, I never worked so hard in my life.' This probably isn't true, so you grossly overstate the point.

The second is:

Grossly overexaggerated statements, such as I've never worked so hard in my life,' are a form of figurative language called hyperbole.

Of the following essential teaching skills, the second, by contrast with the first, best illustrates:
  a. an effective transition signal.
  b. connected discourse.
  c. emphasis.
  d. feedback.