This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following diagnostic criteria refer to acute respiratory distress syndrome and acute ... (Read 60 times)

BRWH

Which of the following diagnostic criteria refer to acute respiratory distress syndrome and acute lung injury? I. PCWP >18 mm Hg II. unilateral infiltrates on chest radiography III. Pao2/Fio2 <200 for ards iv. pao2>  
  A. I, III only
  B. II, IV only
  C. III, IV only
  D, I, III, IV only

Question 2

Which of the following pathophysiologic manifestations are similar among diseases classified as parenchymal lung injury? I. interstitial edema II. alveolar edema III. surfactant dysfunction IV. decreased pulmonary compliance

A. I, II only
  B. II, III only
  C. III, IV only
  D. I, II, III, IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jennafosdick

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
C. Correct response: ARDS and ALI are parenchymal lung injuries that have specific diagnostic criteria. Both have acute onset and bilateral infiltrates on chest radiography. Neither injury reflects cardiogenic edema. The PCWP will therefore be less than 18 mm Hg, and the Pao2/Fio2 ratios will be less than 200 for ARDS and less than 300 for ALI.
D. Incorrect response: See explanation C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
C. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
D. Correct response: Although the disease processes involved in parenchymal lung injury are different, pathophysiologic similarities exist. All parenchymal lung diseases have varying degrees of interstitial edema, alveolar edema, surfactant dysfunction, and decreased pulmonary compliance.

BRWH

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
Gracias!

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library