This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following diagnostic criteria refer to acute respiratory distress syndrome and acute ... (Read 61 times)

BRWH

Which of the following diagnostic criteria refer to acute respiratory distress syndrome and acute lung injury? I. PCWP >18 mm Hg II. unilateral infiltrates on chest radiography III. Pao2/Fio2 <200 for ards iv. pao2>  
  A. I, III only
  B. II, IV only
  C. III, IV only
  D, I, III, IV only

Question 2

Which of the following pathophysiologic manifestations are similar among diseases classified as parenchymal lung injury? I. interstitial edema II. alveolar edema III. surfactant dysfunction IV. decreased pulmonary compliance

A. I, II only
  B. II, III only
  C. III, IV only
  D. I, II, III, IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jennafosdick

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
C. Correct response: ARDS and ALI are parenchymal lung injuries that have specific diagnostic criteria. Both have acute onset and bilateral infiltrates on chest radiography. Neither injury reflects cardiogenic edema. The PCWP will therefore be less than 18 mm Hg, and the Pao2/Fio2 ratios will be less than 200 for ARDS and less than 300 for ALI.
D. Incorrect response: See explanation C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
C. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
D. Correct response: Although the disease processes involved in parenchymal lung injury are different, pathophysiologic similarities exist. All parenchymal lung diseases have varying degrees of interstitial edema, alveolar edema, surfactant dysfunction, and decreased pulmonary compliance.

BRWH

Reply 2 on: Jul 16, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

pangili4

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library