This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During the interview the patient states, Every time I climb the stairs I have to stop to catch my ... (Read 99 times)

leilurhhh

During the interview the patient states, Every time I climb the stairs I have to stop to catch my breath. Hearing this, the respiratory therapist replies, So, it sounds like you get short of breath climbing stairs.

This interviewing technique is called:
  a. clarification.
  b. modeling.
  c. empathy.
  d. reflection.

Question 2

Tachypnea may be the result of:

1. hypoxemia.
  2. hypothermia.
  3. fever.
  4. sedation.
  a. 2, 4
  b. 1, 3
  c. 2, 3, 4
  d. 1, 2, 3, 4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lkoler

Answer to Question 1

D
With reflection, part of the patient's statement is repeated. This lets the patient know that what he/she said was heard. It also encourages the patient to elaborate on the topic. Clarification, modeling, and empathy are other communication techniques.

Answer to Question 2

B
Tachypnea may be the result of hypoxemia, fever, and other causes. Hypothermia and sedation will usually result in bradycardia.

lkoler

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library