This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The practical/vocational nursing student tells a colleague, I know I'm going to fail the NCLEX-PN ... (Read 37 times)

Pineappleeh

The practical/vocational nursing student tells a colleague, I know I'm going to fail the NCLEX-PN examination. I've heard that a huge amount of the examination is psychology related, and I hated psychology

The reply that shows the best understanding of the NCLEX-PN examination is
  a. You'd better retake the psychology course.
  b. There are equal numbers of questions related to each aspect of patient needs.
  c. Psychosocial integrity is the basis for 8 to 14 of the questions.
  d. I've heard there's more emphasis on care planning than anything else.

Question 2

What advice should the testing candidate consider the best method for preparing to take the NCLEX-PN examination?

a. Participate in an all-night cram session the night before the test.
  b. Rely on your intuition to answer questions when you do not know the answer.
  c. Study throughout the year and review systematically before the exam.
  d. Quiz previous graduates about test content and study what they mention.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaaaaaaa

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Psychosocial integrity is the basis for 8 to 14 of the questions of the NCLEX-PN examination test plan. The other options do not show understanding of the current test plan.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Studying for each nursing examination and passing it provides a firm foundation for the NCLEX-PN examination. Systematic review over a number of weeks prior to the NCLEX-PN examination will refresh one's knowledge. Cramming is usually counterproductive, because it results in fatigue and lowers the ability to think clearly during the examination. Better advice is to rule out wrong answers and consider clues and key words found in the stem of the question. With CAT, the topics covered in the questions answered by one person may be quite different from those selected for another person.

Pineappleeh

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
:D TYSM

bdobbins

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library