This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The practical/vocational nursing student asks an instructor, How perfect do I have to be to pass my ... (Read 20 times)

jayhills49

The practical/vocational nursing student asks an instructor, How perfect do I have to be to pass my clinical evaluation? Are any mistakes allowed? vid

The best response by the instructor is, The expected standard of performance in clinical lab is to provide patient care

a. at the level of an LPN/LVN.
  b. with a minimum of two errors.
  c. at the same level as your classmates.
  d. with manual dexterity and confidence.

Question 2

Which student expectation of an instructor is reasonable?

a. The instructor will help resolve the student's personal problems.
  b. The instructor will motivate the student to improve grades.
  c. The instructor will seek out students to review examinations.
  d. The instructor will provide academic counseling.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djofnc

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Students are required to provide care at the same level of safe practice as the LPN/LVN. A lesser standard is not acceptable. This makes the importance of skill practice in the school's practice laboratory understandable. Errors may affect patient safety. Provision of patient care at the same level as classmates is true only if the level of classmates is consistent with LPN/LVN safe practice. Provision of patient care with manual dexterity and confidence does not provide for safe practice.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Providing academic counseling or making referrals for academic counseling is a responsibility of faculty members. The other options are not reasonable expectations. Only the individual with the problem can resolve it, albeit with assistance from another. Motivation is an internal factor for the student. It is the learner's responsibility to seek out the instructor for examination review.

jayhills49

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Wow, this really help

LVPMS

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library