This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, I was treated for an asthma attack at a freestanding ambulatory services ... (Read 14 times)

WWatsford

• Biology Forums!
A patient tells the nurse, I was treated for an asthma attack at a freestanding ambulatory services center. The nurse correctly identifies the treatment as taking place at a/an

a. urgent care center.
  b. domiciliary residence.
  c. intermediate care facility.
  d. fitness club.

Question 2

A nurse working in the emergency department who must obtain data to identify the patient's primary care provider should ask the patient about

a. hospital stays.
  b. low-cost health care providers.
  c. receiving specialized care aimed at restoring the function of a body part.
  d. the referring physician, nurse practitioner, or ambulatory care setting.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jessofishing

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
An urgent care center provides services for walk-in patients who do not have an appointment and who usually have no family physician and do not wish to go to the more expensive emergency room. The other facilities listed would not have been able to provide care to this patient.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Primary care is the term used to describe the point at which an individual enters the health care system. This is often the referring party or agency.

WWatsford

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library