This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Identify a reasonable long-term goal for a beginning nursing student. a. I will pass the Body ... (Read 20 times)

jessicacav

Identify a reasonable long-term goal for a beginning nursing student.

a. I will pass the Body Structure and Function course by the completion of the program.
  b. I will qualify to take the NCLEX-PN by program completion.
  c. I will score a B+ on the first unit test in nursing school.
  d. I will perform at the satisfactory level on the first semester clinical evaluation.

Question 2

A student generally postpones high-priority activities and does low-priority activities instead. The most likely outcome of this behavior is that the student

a. will assume power over life.
  b. brings anxiety under control.
  c. derives a sense of true accomplishment.
  d. feels increased tension and fear of failure.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

milbourne11

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
This goal statement is broader and more inclusive than the other statements and thus is considered a long-term goal. The other statements are short-term goals.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Procrastinating high-priority activities leads to increased tension and concern over possible failure. Assuming power over life, controlling anxiety, and deriving a sense of true accomplishment are unlikely outcomes of this behavior.

jessicacav

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library