This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Identify a reasonable long-term goal for a beginning nursing student. a. I will pass the Body ... (Read 22 times)

jessicacav

Identify a reasonable long-term goal for a beginning nursing student.

a. I will pass the Body Structure and Function course by the completion of the program.
  b. I will qualify to take the NCLEX-PN by program completion.
  c. I will score a B+ on the first unit test in nursing school.
  d. I will perform at the satisfactory level on the first semester clinical evaluation.

Question 2

A student generally postpones high-priority activities and does low-priority activities instead. The most likely outcome of this behavior is that the student

a. will assume power over life.
  b. brings anxiety under control.
  c. derives a sense of true accomplishment.
  d. feels increased tension and fear of failure.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

milbourne11

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
This goal statement is broader and more inclusive than the other statements and thus is considered a long-term goal. The other statements are short-term goals.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Procrastinating high-priority activities leads to increased tension and concern over possible failure. Assuming power over life, controlling anxiety, and deriving a sense of true accomplishment are unlikely outcomes of this behavior.

jessicacav

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
Gracias!

ghepp

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library