This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse brings the patient's lunch tray into the room and sets it on the over-bed table, ... (Read 45 times)

bio_gurl

The nurse brings the patient's lunch tray into the room and sets it on the over-bed table, positioning it so that it is comfortable for the patient to eat.

The patient sweeps the tray off the table, screaming Get this slop out of here I'm not hungry. What response by the nurse reflects therapeutic communication? (Select all that apply)
  You seem angry. Would you like to talk about what's bothering you?
  That behavior in unacceptable. You could simply ask me to remove the tray.
  Why did you do that? Now I have to clean up that mess.
  How would you feel in my place if someone did that to you?
  You need to eat to maintain your strength. I'll get another tray.

Question 2

Passive-aggressive behavior is demonstrated by the nurse who:

gossips about other people.
  constantly complains during shift report.
  complains to everyone except the right person.
  all of the above.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Silverbeard98

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1, 2
First the nurse should acknowledge the patient's emotion and attempt to learn more. Assertive communication can be therapeutic, and it would be appropriate to tell the patient the behavior is unacceptable.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
All of these are examples of passive-aggressive behavior, which is common among nurses. People who exhibit this behavior are not focused on solving problems and helping others to understand, learn, or change.

bio_gurl

Reply 2 on: Jul 17, 2018
:D TYSM

amit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library