This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A despondent client, who has recently lost her husband of 30 years, tearfully states, I'll feel a ... (Read 64 times)

Pea0909berry

A despondent client, who has recently lost her husband of 30 years, tearfully states, I'll feel a lot better if I sell my house and move away. Which nursing reply is most appropriate?

A. I'm confident you know what's best for you.
  B. This may not be the best time for you to make such an important decision.
  C. Your children will be terribly disappointed.
  D. Tell me why you want to make this change.

Question 2

A college student who was nearly raped while jogging completes a series of appointments with a rape crisis nurse. At the final session, which client statement most clearly suggests that the goals of crisis intervention have been met?

A. You've really been helpful. Can I count on you for continued support?
  B. I don't work out anymore.
  C. I'm really glad I didn't go home. It would have been hard to come back.
  D. I carry mace when I jog. It makes me feel safe and secure.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

BAOCHAU2803

Answer to Question 1

B
During crisis intervention, the nurse should guide the client through a problem-solving process. The nurse should help the individual confront the source of the problem, encourage the individual to discuss changes he or she would like to make, and encourage exploration of feelings about aspects of the crisis that cannot be changed. The nurse should also assist the client in determining whether any changes are realistic and if timing of change is appropriate. This response encourages the client to think through what may be an impulsive decision.

Answer to Question 2

D
The nurse should evaluate that the client who has developed adaptive coping strategies has achieved the goals of crisis intervention.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library