This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A teenager gets a C in algebra. The mother angrily states, All you ever do is listen to music and ... (Read 29 times)

ashley

A teenager gets a C in algebra. The mother angrily states, All you ever do is listen to music and text your friends.

The teenager replies, What is it that you're really upset about, mom? Which response pattern is the teenager expressing? A. Clouding and fogging
  B. Shifting from content to process
  C. Delaying assertively
  D. Assuming responsibility for one's own statements

Question 2

A client continually waits more than an hour before being seen at the mental health clinic. The client approaches the nurse and states, When I have to wait for more than an hour to be seen, I feel like my time is not important.

The nurse recognizes this as what type of behavior? A. Aggressive behavior
  B. Assertive behavior
  C. Passiveaggressive behavior
  D. Passive behavior

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

efwsefaw

Answer to Question 1

B
This response reflects the use of shifting from content to process. The teenager is changing the focus of the communication from discussing the topic at hand to analyzing what is actually going on in the interaction.

Answer to Question 2

B
This response is assertive. The client is openly expressing feelings and attempting to correct a stressful situation.

ashley

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library