This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client diagnosed with anorexia nervosa stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of total body ... (Read 27 times)

student77

A client diagnosed with anorexia nervosa stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of total body weight. Which subjective client response would the nurse assess to support this medical diagnosis?

A. I do not use any laxatives or diuretics to lose weight.
  B. I am losing lots of hair. It's coming out in handfuls.
  C. I know that I am thin, but I refuse to be fat
  D. I don't know why people are worried. I need to lose this weight.

Question 2

A nurse working with a client diagnosed with bulimia nervosa asks the client to recall a time in life when food could be consumed without purging. Which is the purpose of this nursing intervention?

A. To gain additional information about the progression of the disease process
  B. To emphasize that the client is capable of consuming food without purging
  C. To incorporate specific foods into the meal plan to reflect pleasant memories
  D. To assist the client to become more compliant with the treatment plan

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kedrick2014

Answer to Question 1

D
When the client states, I don't know why people are worried. I need to lose this weight, the client is exhibiting the subjective response of ineffective denial. This client is minimizing symptoms and is unable to admit impact of the disease on life patterns. The client does not perceive personal relevance of symptoms or danger.

Answer to Question 2

B
By asking the client to recall a time in life when food could be consumed without purging, the nurse is assessing previously successful coping strategies. This information can be used by the client to modify maladaptive behaviors in the present and future.

student77

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library