This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client diagnosed with anorexia nervosa stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of total body ... (Read 28 times)

student77

A client diagnosed with anorexia nervosa stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of total body weight. Which subjective client response would the nurse assess to support this medical diagnosis?

A. I do not use any laxatives or diuretics to lose weight.
  B. I am losing lots of hair. It's coming out in handfuls.
  C. I know that I am thin, but I refuse to be fat
  D. I don't know why people are worried. I need to lose this weight.

Question 2

A nurse working with a client diagnosed with bulimia nervosa asks the client to recall a time in life when food could be consumed without purging. Which is the purpose of this nursing intervention?

A. To gain additional information about the progression of the disease process
  B. To emphasize that the client is capable of consuming food without purging
  C. To incorporate specific foods into the meal plan to reflect pleasant memories
  D. To assist the client to become more compliant with the treatment plan

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kedrick2014

Answer to Question 1

D
When the client states, I don't know why people are worried. I need to lose this weight, the client is exhibiting the subjective response of ineffective denial. This client is minimizing symptoms and is unable to admit impact of the disease on life patterns. The client does not perceive personal relevance of symptoms or danger.

Answer to Question 2

B
By asking the client to recall a time in life when food could be consumed without purging, the nurse is assessing previously successful coping strategies. This information can be used by the client to modify maladaptive behaviors in the present and future.

student77

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

amynguyen1221

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library