This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is interviewing a 12-year-old boy who has been diagnosed with depression. The client's ... (Read 99 times)

Brittanyd9008

A nurse is interviewing a 12-year-old boy who has been diagnosed with depression. The client's depression was triggered by the death of his father 2 years ago. The nurse interprets which comment made by the boy as reflecting egocentrism?

A) If I hadn't yelled at my dad and told him to go away, he never would have died.
  B) I'm still sad because my dad died a couple of years ago.
  C) I think I'm just experiencing normal grieving.
  D) My father was the best friend I ever had; I still can't believe he's gone for good.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for an elderly client who has been taking an antipsychotic medication for 1 week. The nurse notifies the physician when he observes that the client has muscle rigidity that resembles Parkinson's disease.

Which agent would the nurse expect the physician to prescribe?
  A) Anticholinergic
  B) Anxiolytic
  C) Benzodiazepine
  D) Beta-blocker

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Carissamariew

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B

Brittanyd9008

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library