This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is interviewing a 12-year-old boy who has been diagnosed with depression. The client's ... (Read 100 times)

Brittanyd9008

A nurse is interviewing a 12-year-old boy who has been diagnosed with depression. The client's depression was triggered by the death of his father 2 years ago. The nurse interprets which comment made by the boy as reflecting egocentrism?

A) If I hadn't yelled at my dad and told him to go away, he never would have died.
  B) I'm still sad because my dad died a couple of years ago.
  C) I think I'm just experiencing normal grieving.
  D) My father was the best friend I ever had; I still can't believe he's gone for good.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for an elderly client who has been taking an antipsychotic medication for 1 week. The nurse notifies the physician when he observes that the client has muscle rigidity that resembles Parkinson's disease.

Which agent would the nurse expect the physician to prescribe?
  A) Anticholinergic
  B) Anxiolytic
  C) Benzodiazepine
  D) Beta-blocker