This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is interviewing a 10-year-old boy who is diagnosed with depression. The client's depression ... (Read 49 times)

anjilletteb

A nurse is interviewing a 10-year-old boy who is diagnosed with depression. The client's depression was triggered by the death of his father 2 years ago. Which comment made by the preteen would indicate that he is exhibiting egocentrism?

A) If I hadn't yelled at my dad and told him to go away, he never would have died.
  B) I'm still sad because my dad died a couple of years ago.
  C) I think I'm just experiencing normal grieving.
  D) My father was the best friend I ever had; I still can't believe he's gone for good.

Question 2

A group of nursing students are reviewing information about co-occurring disorders and risks for substance abuse.

The students demonstrate understanding of the information when they identify which psychiatric disorder as being associated with the highest risk for substance abuse?
  A) Mania
  B) Panic disorder
  C) Antisocial personality disorder
  D) Phobias

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Athena23

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C

anjilletteb

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library