This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The level of severity of grieving is determined by the: a. individual grieving b. circumstances ... (Read 26 times)

fnuegbu

The level of severity of grieving is determined by the:

a. individual grieving
  b. circumstances provoking the grieving
  c. financial status of the grieving person
  d. family of the grieving person

Question 2

During a widows and widowers' support group 18 months after the death of her husband, an elderly woman stated, I still miss my husband, but for the first time since my husband died, I'm going to take a vacation with my church group.

This statement suggests that this widow has done which of the following? a. not completed her grief work successfully
  b. not completed the initial shock/disbelief stage
  c. reached the recovery stage of grief
  d. completed the reality stage of bereavement

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mariahkathleeen

Answer to Question 1

A
The level of severity can be determined only by the individual grieving, not the particular circumstances that provoked the grief. A person will respond to the emotions of grief using the same coping strategies that he or she has used to deal with other, powerful emotions in the past.

Answer to Question 2

C
The woman's statement indicates that she has reached the recovery stage, the final stage. She is able to integrate the loss into the reality of her life and begin to live again. The individual's progress has been facilitated by the caring demonstrated in the widows and widowers' support group over the past 18 months since the death of her husband.

fnuegbu

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library