Author Question: When the risk for heart failure or angina is high after a heart attack, clients are also at high ... (Read 52 times)

javeds

When the risk for heart failure or angina is high after a heart attack, clients are also at high risk for experiencing the emotion of ___________________ _.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

A nurse case manager meets with a family who is caring for the wife's elderly father who is diagnosed with advanced dementia. The wife remarks, It's getting harder and harder to keep him safe without tying him up.

I get so frustrated when he doesn't even know who I am and fights me. Which response would BEST use commendation to encourage and reinforce the wife's strengths? a. You have provided excellent care to him every day for several years; let's see how we can help you take care of yourself so he continues to be well cared for.
  b. It's your turn to be taken care of; you deserve a medal for dealing with the situation this long.
  c. It will be difficult to find someone who can take care of him as well as you have, but let's see what we can come up with.
  d. I don't know how you have put up with those behaviors as long as you have; I would have given up long before this.

Mochi

Answer to Question 1

depression

Answer to Question 2

A
The most therapeutic response by the case manager would be to acknowledge the wife's efforts and offer to explore with the family strategies so that the elder will continue to be cared for effectively. In addition, the case manager acknowledges the caregiver role strain that is occurring and the need to explore strategies for the caregiver to obtain respite and address her own needs. The nurse is demonstrating empathy and effective listening when she is able to address the concerns of the family.