This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The spouse of a patient with alcoholism asks, How do I respond in a helpful way even though this ... (Read 33 times)

Pea0909berry

The spouse of a patient with alcoholism asks, How do I respond in a helpful way even though this abuse is so harmful to my family? The nurse's best response would be:

a. Search the house regularly for hidden alcohol..
  b. Include your spouse in family activities whether or not drinking has occurred..
  c. Make your spouse responsible for the consequences of the disruptive behavior..
  d. Refuse to be supportive when your spouse is under the influence of alcohol..

Question 2

Which nursing activities are necessary to provide evidence-based psychiatric nursing care?

a. Obtaining advanced degrees and providing clinical supervision for peers
  b. Seeking sound opinion-based processes and maintaining self-directed practice
  c. Attending educational programs and supporting the advanced practice licensure
  d. Critically synthesizing research findings and applying relevant evidence to practice

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sarahjh

Answer to Question 1

C
Dysfunctional families often try to protect the patient, avoid confrontation, and blame themselves. These are called enabling behaviors. Making the patient responsible for the consequences of drinking is difficult and usually requires professional support and/or involvement in Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).

Answer to Question 2

D
Providing evidence-based practice requires searching the research literature, critically synthesizing research findings, and applying relevant evidence to practice. The other activities are myths about what makes effective practitioners.

Pea0909berry

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

essyface1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library