This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client in a group therapy session listens for a time and then remarks I used to think I was the ... (Read 29 times)

jlmhmf

A client in a group therapy session listens for a time and then remarks I used to think I was the only
  one who felt afraid. It is nice to know that I am not alone.. This is an example of

a. ventilation.
  b. altruism.
  c. universality.
  d. group cohesiveness.

Question 2

The children of a widow confer with the bereavement nurse because their mother persists in
  repeatedly telling people the details of finding her husband not breathing, performing CPR, and
  going to the emergency department with him by ambulance

and seeing him pronounced dead. The
  family are concerned that this is traumatic to those who have to hear the story and ask what they can
  do. The nurse should counsel the family that
  a. they can interpret their feelings to their mother and ask for a change in behavior.
  b. the retelling should be limited to once daily to avoid unnecessary stimulation.
  c. repeating the story and her feelings is a helpful and necessary part of grieving.
  d. retelling of memories is to be expected as part of the aging process.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cuttiesgirl16

Answer to Question 1

C
Realizing that one is not alone and that others share one's problems and feelings is called
universality. Option A: Ventilation refers to expressing emotions. Option B: Altruism refers to
learning that one can be of help to others. Option D: Group cohesiveness refers to the degree of
esprit de corps of the group.

Answer to Question 2

C
Nurses are encouraged to tell bereaved clients that telling the personal story of loss as many times as
needed is acceptable and healthy because repetition is a helpful and necessary part of grieving.
Options A and B would not be helpful because they limit the expression of feelings. Option D is not
a true or relevant statement.

jlmhmf

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

amynguyen1221

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library