This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client in a group therapy session listens for a time and then remarks I used to think I was the ... (Read 31 times)

jlmhmf

A client in a group therapy session listens for a time and then remarks I used to think I was the only
  one who felt afraid. It is nice to know that I am not alone.. This is an example of

a. ventilation.
  b. altruism.
  c. universality.
  d. group cohesiveness.

Question 2

The children of a widow confer with the bereavement nurse because their mother persists in
  repeatedly telling people the details of finding her husband not breathing, performing CPR, and
  going to the emergency department with him by ambulance

and seeing him pronounced dead. The
  family are concerned that this is traumatic to those who have to hear the story and ask what they can
  do. The nurse should counsel the family that
  a. they can interpret their feelings to their mother and ask for a change in behavior.
  b. the retelling should be limited to once daily to avoid unnecessary stimulation.
  c. repeating the story and her feelings is a helpful and necessary part of grieving.
  d. retelling of memories is to be expected as part of the aging process.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cuttiesgirl16

Answer to Question 1

C
Realizing that one is not alone and that others share one's problems and feelings is called
universality. Option A: Ventilation refers to expressing emotions. Option B: Altruism refers to
learning that one can be of help to others. Option D: Group cohesiveness refers to the degree of
esprit de corps of the group.

Answer to Question 2

C
Nurses are encouraged to tell bereaved clients that telling the personal story of loss as many times as
needed is acceptable and healthy because repetition is a helpful and necessary part of grieving.
Options A and B would not be helpful because they limit the expression of feelings. Option D is not
a true or relevant statement.

jlmhmf

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

EAN94

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library